Last week we had our second CQC inspection for Dental Studio, our first for the Chichester practice, with the sole purpose focusing on how we care for our patients.
On the surface, this seems relatively simple – providing quality care ethically in a safe surrounding with a qualified team – but as with everything nowdays, this involves a mountain of paperwork, policies, procedures and certificates to demonstrate compliance!
However, one point of discussion that is raised with each and every discussion about CQC and the inspections is this – should the care that we provide be about the paperwork? Or should it be about what we are actually doing? HOW are we providing this exceptional care?
So here it is – what can you, the patient, expect from us regarding the care of your oral health?
- We provide you with treatment that you both need and want, performed with uncompromising quality
- We provide you with comprehensive information in many formats – ask us for leaflets and information sheets or we can show you videos on one of our TV screens. Alternatively, ask for the I-Pad on reception and take a look at our website which should give you all the answers you need.
- We promise to take the time with you to make sure that you are making the right choice for you, making sure you are aware of ALL the options available to you. We encourage you to speak with family members before making decisions.
- We promise to focus on our education and development, to ensure that we are the performing the latest, pain free treatments ensuring that you are in the best hands
- We will use the best quality materials to ensure you get the perfect results from any treatment
- We will perform regular surveys to get views from our patients, and we will learn and improve from what people have to say
- Lastly we promise to welcome you to our family, treat you with the respect that you deserve, and to put your health, and your preferences, FIRST. No compromise!!
We wanted to end with some of the comments that our fantastic patients had told the CQC inspector during our inspection –
“They are interested in you as a person, not just a mouth”
“I feel confident walking in the door. They are caring and professional”
“They offered me options…They gave me all the information I needed”
“They have a really caring attitude”
If you would like to see a copy of the report, it will shortly be available at the CQC website – http://www.cqc.org.uk